Shights of the city | Memorial cemeteries
At the Voskresensy temple in K.Marks street

In 1874 in Simbirsk was officially opened new city cemetery. On the cemetery territory and round the cemetery church there are burial places of many famous scientists, artists, revolutionists, warriors and heroes of the Civil and the Great Patriotic wars, and also piece buildings of the post-war years.


Near the church in Minaeva St.

At the end of the 18th century in the territory of Pokrovsky monastery was opened a cemetery, where have been buried the most eminent citizens of Simbirsk. This cemetery was considered to be privileged: prices for one place by the end of the 19th century amounted to 200 rubles, what was a significant income item of the monastery.


Site design and support by

© 2006 Internet-project "Welcome to Ulyanovsk"
Rights for all materials, presented on this website, reserved by the company "Internet-Technology"
Full or partial use of photographs, illustration and information is
possible only with written agreement of the Organizational committee of the project.